Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E)
Tocopheryl Acetate which is popularly known as Vitamin E. An antioxidant found naturally in vegetable oils. Its colour ranges from light brown to yellow colour, and it is available in viscous liquid form. Tocopheryl used in a wide range of cosmetic, skincare, and hair care applications. Tocopheryl Acetate is the purest form of Vitamin E, and it contains esters of Tocopheryl and acetic acid.
It is known for its nourishing properties and exhibits emollient properties as well. Moreover, it also forms a protective layer on the surface of your skin. It is also used on a wide scale in hair care products as it makes hair healthy, shiny, and strong.
Tocopheryl Acetate is also used as a preservative in cosmetic products because it sustains longer than other ingredients and also prevents them from becoming rancid. It is a perfect antioxidant for formulas that contain oils and fats. It can be dissolved in oil, but it does not dissolve in water.
Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) Benefits
- Skin Moisturizer: It softens and moisturizes your skin due to its effective emollient properties. Therefore, tocopheryl acetate used in various skincare products to make your skin smooth, soft, and plump.
- Anti Aging: Vitamin E reduces the signs of aging by tightening the skin pores. It not only improves the texture of your skin but also reduces the dryness and roughness to a large extent.
- Antioxidants: Tocopheryl Acetate contains powerful antioxidants that form a protective layer on the surface of your skin. Moreover, these antioxidants also fight against skin issues like acne, pimples, wrinkles, etc.
- Skin Whitening Properties: Easily combined with other cosmetic ingredients, it also used to reduce fine lines or to even skin tone. It also conditions your skin and hair. You will find Vitamin E in most hair care products as they fortify the hair follicles and make them glossy and thick.
- Anti Dandruff: It is also healthy for the scalp and can prove to help reduce scalp irritation and dandruff.
How to use Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E)?
When used for its stabilizing effects, Vitamin E should be used at a concentration level of 0.1 to 10%. The concentration might vary from 0.5 to 2.5% when you use it in skincare products.
|Raw Material Source:||Isophytol & Trimethylhydroquinone|
|Manufacturing Process:||It is produced by condensing Trimethylhydroquinone (2,3&5) with Isophytol and a solvent (either hexane or benzene).|
|INCI Name:||Di-alpha tocopherol|
|IUPAC Name:||[(2R)-2,5,7,8-Tetramethyl-2-[(4R,8R)-4,8,12-trimethyltridecyl]chroman-6-yl] acetate|
|Molecular Weight:||472.7 g/mol|
|Boiling Point:||240 °C|
|Grade Standard:||Technical Grade|
|Shelf Life:||24 months|
|Solubility:||Soluble in Water|
|Industry:||Cosmetic, Personal Care, Skincare|
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a Question?