Aloe Vera Oil
For many centuries, Aloe Vera has been used in many countries. This has many healing properties and is one of the best medicinal plants as it cures many ailments and health disorders. But, are we aware that Aloe Vera oil has equally beneficial medicinal properties?
The Aloe Vera Oil is used in many cosmetics such as face wash, body lotions, shampoos, hair gels, etc. This is obtained by the extraction of Aloe Vera leaves and mixing it with other base oils like soybean, almond or apricot. Aloe Vera oil contains antioxidants, Vitamin C, E, B, allantoin, minerals, proteins, polysaccharides, enzymes, amino acids and beta-carotene.
- Emollient : Aloe Vera oil is a brilliant moisturiser for the skin.
- Anti-Inflammatory :It reduces inflammation and other signs related to it.
- Anti – Bacterial: It has the ability to kill certain bacteria.
- Anti-Viral :This property makes it suitable for use on herpes and shingles rashes.
- Anti-fungal : This oil can be used to kill fungi that cause conditions like ringworm.
- Anti-oxidant : The oil protects the skin from free radical damage.
- Cicatrizant : Aloe vera oil speeds wound recovery.
- Anti-Irritant : reduces skin irritation.
- Astringent : shrinks the skin and makes it taut.
- Sun protection : Aloe Vera oil provides minor sun protection, especially in a base oil like Sesame oil.
Aloe Vera Oil Benefits
- Massage Oil: Aloe Vera Oil can be used as a massage oil. It penetrates well and feels soothing to the skin. One can use essential oils with this oil as an aromatherapy massage.
- Healing Skin Wounds: Aloe Vera Oil provides wound healing nutrients to this oil. One can apply it on a wound, cut, scrape or even a bruise. It prompts the skin to heal faster. It also helps in reducing the scar . However, for burns and sunburns, the pure Aloe Vera gel can be more effective as it is much more cooling and soothing. It is good for healing post surgical scars.
- Dermatitis: Aloe Vera oil is an anti-irritant. It also provides some nutrients to the skin, especially amino acids as Aloe Vera gel is rich in them. One can apply this directly for relief from conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
- Pain Relief : Aloe Vera oil is used in compositions for pain relief. One can use it as a home remedy to alleviate pain by combining with essential oils of eucalyptus, lemon, peppermint and calendula. One can use few drops of each essential oil in about 3 ounces of Aloe Vera oil. This forms a nice home-made pain relief gel.
- Hair Care : Aloe Vera oil can be used for scalp and hair care. It reduces dry scalp condition, dandruff and conditions the hair. The ghritkumari oil is believed to assist in hair growth, keeping hair strong and also in improving the faculties of the mind through the scalp massage of that oil. It also helps in psoriasis of the scalp. Adding a few drops of tea tree oil to Aloe vera oil makes it a powerful ingredient for dealing with fungal scalp infections.
- Cold Sore: Apply a small amount of Aloe Vera oil or gel onto the cold sores. It aids the body in drying out the sores, like witch hazel. This prevents the blisters to weep and become more painful if used early on. This works because of the compound Aloe emodin, which has been proved to exhibit anti-viral effect against herpes virus . Aloe Vera oil also helps in healing herpes and shingles lesions.
- Facial Oil : One can use Aloe Vera oil is a soothing oil for the face. It moisturizes the skin and keeps it strong and supple. Aloe Vera oil provides many nutrients directly to the skin. However, it might not be good for acne prone skin as the carrier oil may be comedogenic. In that case, one should look for Aloe Vera oil prepared in a non comedogenic oil like jojoba oil.
- Insect Bites : Aloe Vera Oil offers anti-inflammatory effect, it reduces swelling and inflammation caused by insect bites, like that from bees and wasps.
- Dental Care : Aloe Vera nutrients have been identified to aid in peridontal disease. One can use Aloe vera oil as a massage oil for the gums and teeth to keep them healthy and lower the risk of dental problems like caries, plaque and gingivitis
CAUTION: It is meant for external purposes. Keep it away from the reach of your kids and avoid direct contact with eyes.
Please Note: The packaging shown above is a General Representation of the various sizes and types of packaging available for this product. Not all sizes and types of packaging for this product maybe available at all times.