Cyclomethicone is a polymer blend that comprises cyclotetrasiloxane (siloxane D4) and Cyclopentasiloxane (siloxane D5). Cyclomethicone is 100% active and is a silicone that has a lower molecular weight. It is fluid and not as thick or viscous as some other polymer blends. Cyclomethicone used as a solvent in cosmetic formulas. Use this liquid as a carrier in color cosmetics, skincare, and hair care applications. Even Cyclomethicone holds stabilizing properties.
Cyclomethicone is powerful emollient properties that make it an ideal component of skincare products, and it can also serve as a humectant in various skincare applications. Cyclomethicone is available in liquid form and appears clear or slightly hazy. Cyclomethicone is odorless and is hardly soluble in water. It is soluble in water and can be mixed with oils as well. Use Cyclomethicone to reduce the viscosity or thickness of formulas.
Cyclomethicone Liquid Benefits
- Used in Cosmetics Products: Cyclomethicone is used in skincare products as it retains the moisture level of your skin and improves its texture as well. Cyclomethicone assists in delivering the active ingredients sufficiently to your skin and plays an important role in skin nourishment.
- Prevents Scars and Acne Formation: Cyclomethicone is suitable for all skin types, people with hypersensitive skin should avoid using it as it might cause slight irritation. Cyclomethicone is also known for reducing scars and dryness from your skin and also improves your skin’s sensory feel.
- Even skin Tone: Cyclomethicone makes the solutions more glide-able so that they can spread evenly even when your skin contains big pores that make the surface uneven.
- Skin Moisturizer: Cyclomethicone builds a barrier on the surface of your skin. This barrier is temporary, but it improves the moisture-retaining capacity of your skin.
- Prevents and Repairs Damage: Cyclomethicone is used in various cosmetic products such as creams and gels. It also provides a shiny gloss to your hair and improves its texture when used in hair care products.
- Conditioning Agent: Cyclomethicone proves to be effective for improving the overall look and feel of your cosmetic applications.
How to use Cyclomethicone Liquid?
Cyclomethicone can be used up to 50% but it is mostly used at the concentration level that ranges between 1 to 10%. Add Cyclomethicone when the formula is in the oil phase but do not heat the emulsion over 50-degree Celsius. You can even add it when the temperature of the emulsions drops at or slightly below 50-degree Celsius.
|Raw Material Source:||Water & Dimethyldichlorosilane|
|Manufacturing Process:||Silicone dioxide (powered silicone) and methyl chloride are used to make Dimethyldichlorosilane.|
|Molecular Weight:||370.77 g/mol|
|Boiling Point:||210 °C|
|Color:||Clear or Slightly Hazy|
|Grade Standard:||Industrial Grade|
|Shelf Life:||24 months|
|Applications:||Cyclomethicone is present in creams, lotions, color cosmetics, hair care applications, deodorants, and other cosmetic products.|
CAUTION: Cyclomethicone is only meant for external applications. Avoid using it internally and not use it if you are suffering from any skin ailments.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a Question?