Methyl Salicylate is a popular OTC (Over-The-Counter) medicine that is mostly used to treat minor pain such as muscle sprain and joint aches. However, its strong anti-inflammatory properties make it useful for the treatment of various other skin issues as well. Therefore, many companies that make cosmetic and skincare products have started using it in their pain-relieving lotions and ointments.
Methyl Salicylate is so effective that it is also used to treat the pain associated with back pain and arthritis. It is manufactured for external purposes only and suits all skin types. However, do not use it if your skin has rashes, cuts, scrapes, or injuries. In cosmetics formulas, it can be used as an analgesic (external) or a denaturant or increase their fragrance. Moreover, it also proves to be effective as a soothing agent.
It is a colorless liquid that has a strong odor. Also, you can use this as one of the better alternatives to artificial preservatives. Though it is used as a flavoring agent in syrups, chewing gums, and other non-alcoholic beverages, the Methyl Salicylate we provide here is made for external use only.
Methyl Salicylate is also known as Wintergreen Oil as it is made from the esters (organic) obtained mostly from the Wintergreen plant. Rubs formulated with menthol and Methyl Salicylate are ideal for massage purposes as they are effective in curing body pains and muscle spasms.
Methyl Salicylate Benefits & Uses
- Cures Inflammation: The inflammation or pain associated with joint pain, backaches, body pain, neck pain, knee pain, etc. can be cured by using Methyl Salicylate as it contains powerful anti-inflammatory properties. However, ensure that your skin is dry and clean before applying the products that contain Methyl Salicylate. Also, avoid the topical application if there are bruises, rashes, or scrapes on your skin.
- Soothes Irritation: Dry skin is often sensitive and causes severe irritation and itching at times. Using products that contain Methyl Salicylate can soothe this irritation effectively. You can also blend it with menthol to create a rub that produces a hot and cool sensation when applied topically. Such rubs are effective for curing muscle spasms and strain.
- Remove Dandruff: If you are suffering from scalp irritation and dandruff, then you can use hair shampoos and conditioners that contain Methyl Salicylate. It soothes the scalp's irritation by cooling it down and helps resolve issues like dandruff.
- Flavoring Agent: When used in very small quantities, Methyl Salicylate can also be used to flavor toothpaste and other personal care products. Its antiseptic properties make it an effective ingredient in hand sanitizers, mouthwashes, etc. Its analgesic properties can also be used to treat some skin issues like acne and breakouts.
- Flexible: Methyl Salicylate is flexible enough to be blended with a wide range of ingredients. It is available in clear and transparent liquid form. As a result, you can add it easily to formulas without changing their original composition or appearance.
- Product Applications: Mouthwashes, Cream, Ointments, Toothpaste, Hand washes, Shampoos, Hair conditioners, Lotions, Massages, Rubs, and many other products contain Methyl Salicylate as one of their key components.
How to Use Methyl Salicylate?
The recommended use level can vary from 3% to 9% in cosmetic applications. You cannot ingest it internally as it is meant for external purposes only.
|Raw Material Source:||Salicylic acid and Methanol|
|Manufacturing Process:||Salicylic acid and Methanol are reacted together to form Methyl Salicylate.|
|Chemical Formula:||Carbon (C)|
|INCI Name:||Methyl Salicylate|
|IUPAC Name:||Methyl 2-hydroxybenzoate|
|Molecular Weight:||152.1494 grams/mol|
|Boiling Point:||220 °C|
|Flash Point:||96 °C|
|Odor:||Sweet and Fruity|
|Grade Standard:||Technical Grade|
|Shelf Life:||24 months|
|Alternative Names:||Wintergreen Oil|
|Solubility in Water:||Slightly soluble|
|Applications:||Cosmetic, Skincare, and Haircare|
Order Methyl Salicylate Online In Bulk Quantity
VedaOils is one of the leading suppliers, manufacturers, and wholesale exporters of Methyl Salicylate and other cosmetic raw materials in USA. Buy Methyl Salicylate at the best price in USA through VedaOils online portal. We ensure smooth and safe transactions. We also employ a high standard of delivery to supply your order in the best quality.
You can buy our Methyl Salicylate at wholesale prices as we are offering them in bulk quantities so that you can use them to enhance the appearance, properties, usefulness, and effectiveness of your end products. Order it now and experience the magic of purity and quality!. We also deliver the products throughout the world using our logistic partners DHL, FedEx Blue Dart, India Post, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a Question?