Polyvinyl Alcohol (Hot)
Polyvinyl Alcohol (Hot) is a cosmetic ingredient that has been used as one of the components of products that are formulated for external purposes. Polyvinyl Alcohol (Hot) is mostly used in the preparation of sunscreens, de=tan creams, hair styling products, and make-up solutions (liquid). Polyvinyl Alcohol (Hot) functions as a colloid that protects emulsions and also possesses film-forming abilities.
Polyvinyl Alcohol (Hot) was first used in shaving creams way back in 1937. Today, different types of this compound are available in the market and each of the variants has a unique molecular weight and viscosity. Remember that Polyvinyl Alcohol (Hot) should not be hydrolyzed while adding in cosmetic formulations. However, semi-hydrolyzed is of great use, especially while making creams, moisturizers, and lotions.
Apart from its film-forming ability, you can also use Polyvinyl Alcohol (Hot) to enhance the smoothness of your final products. PVA Powder also increases the durability of cosmetic formulas by making them heat-resistant. Its special texture can be used to give a non-greasy finish to hair-dressing applications. Polyvinyl Alcohol (Hot) is compatible with a wide range of ingredients and emulsifiers and this enables you to use it conveniently for different types of cosmetic formulations.
You can also use Polyvinyl Alcohol (Hot) as a stabilizer while making cosmetic and skincare products. its availability in the form of fine powder will help you to use various cosmetic formulas without any issues. Polyvinyl Alcohol (Hot) is of slightly pinkish white to white color and is available in different packages so that you can purchase according to your requirements.
Polyvinyl Alcohol (Hot) Benefits
- For Personal Care Products: Polyvinyl Alcohol (Hot) is perfect for use in personal care products for controlling their viscosity, enhancing their film-forming ability, or for adhesion purposes. It is also used to add a particular finish or glaze to the products or to simply enhance their thickness. Though it does not have any cleansing properties of its own, you will find it in many dishwasher detergents as it promotes packet formation due to its high solubility in water.
- Excellent Binder: Polyvinyl Alcohol (Hot) proves to be a good binding agent and forms a film easily by mixing with other natural ingredients. This property makes it a perfect ingredient in peel-off masks as it forms a thin plastic layer on your skin that can be removed easily once it dries completely. As it gets dissolved in water completely, it is a biodegradable ingredient as well.
- Safe Ingredient: When used in the right concentration, it proves to be a safe ingredient in cosmetic and skincare products. It improves the shelf-life of your cosmetic applications and is also used in many eyes and face makeup applications. However, excessive use of PVA as an ingredient can cause skin dryness, irritation, and other issues. Therefore, use it as per the suggested use level for gaining maximum advantage without any side effects.
- For Eliminating Blackheads: Polyvinyl Alcohol (Hot) is mostly used in cosmetic and skincare products that have a gel-like appearance and consistency. When used with the right ingredients, it can help to remove blackheads as it sticks on the surface of your skin and pulls it away as you cleanse your skin. This cosmetic raw ingredient also makes your face clean by pulling away excess oil, dirt, sweat, and other toxins. As a result, it is being used in numerous face washes, skin cleaners, and peel-off masks.
- Skin Brightening: When blended with natural ingredients, Polyvinyl Alcohol (Hot) can remove dead skin cells and contribute towards skin brightening. Therefore, you may find it in many cosmetic formulations that boast of giving you a bright complexion.
- Product Applications: Hair gels, hair styling products, waxes, lotions, sunscreens, creams, and other skincare, haircare, and personal care products contain Polyvinyl Alcohol (Hot) as of their primary ingredients.
How to use Polyvinyl Alcohol (Hot)?
The recommended usage level can vary between 2.5% to 5% depending upon your requirements. Add it when the formula is in the water phase as Polyvinyl Alcohol (Hot) proves to be oil and grease resistant.
|Raw Material Source:||Vinyl Acetate|
|Manufacturing Process:||Vinyl Acetate is polymerized and after that, it is hydrolyzed (partially) to form Polyvinyl Alcohol (Hot).|
|INCI Name:||Polyvinyl Alcohol|
|Molecular Weight:||44.05 grams/mole|
|Boiling Point:||228 °C|
|Flash Point:||79.44-degree Celsius|
|Color:||White or pinkish-white|
|Grade Standard:||Technical Grade|
|Shelf Life:||24 months|
|Applications:||Skincare, Personal Care, Haircare, Cosmetic|
Buy Polyvinyl Alcohol (Hot) Online in USA at Low PricesVedaOils is the leading manufacturer, supplier, and exporter of essential oils, cosmetic raw materials, and other natural products in USA. To benefit from these products, buy online and we are offering them at cost-friendly prices so that you can purchase them in bulk. We are providing premium-quality raw cosmetic ingredients like Polyvinyl Alcohol (Hot) so that you can use them to enhance the appearance, properties, usefulness, and effectiveness of your end products. Order this powder now and experience the magic of purity and quality!
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a Question?