Winter can severely dry up your skin; the artificial heat indoors and the dry cold outside fully dehydrate your hair and skin, leaving you sticky and parched. Hydration, hydration, and hydration is the only way to battle this skin drought!
Cocoa butter lotion is one of those naturally derived solutions that seems to solve just about all of your skin woes; applying cocoa butter to your skin is like applying a magical elixir for instantly softer, smoother, and moisturized skin.
These cocoa butter lotion recipe benefits are numerous, and it's one of the most popular natural beauty products - therefore in this piece, we'll go over the finest ways to use cocoa butter.
Benefits of Cocoa Butter Lotion
Let's take a look at some of the skincare advantages of best cocoa butter lotion. Cocoa butter is used to manufacture a variety of aesthetic and hairstyle personal care and has a number of health benefits.
- Skin Healing Properties
Cocoa butter is a common element in topical eczema and dermatitis treatments. Owing to its large moisture content and hydrophilic oil-based composition, cocoa butter soothes irritation and allows the skin to repair after a flare-up.
- Protect Against Sun Damage
UV rays can alter the texture of your skin, cause cell damage, and perhaps increase your risk of developing cancer. Polyphenols in cocoa butter may safeguard your skin from harmful UV rays and lessen your risk of skin disease.
- Keep Your Skin Moisturized
Best Homemade Cocoa Butter Lotion Recipes
While there are many wonderful cocoa butter products available today, it's such a simple product to make at home that there's no reason not to try it!
1. Cocoa Butter, Aloe Vera, And Safflower Oil Body Lotion
The moisturizing properties of cocoa butter, combined with the antibacterial and nourishing properties of aloe vera and safflower, make this formula one of the best.
- Cocoa Butter - 4 Tablespoons
- Safflower Oil - 6 Tablespoons
- Aloe Vera Juice - 1 Tablespoon
- Silk Protein Powder - ¼ Teaspoon Of Optional
- Lavender Oil - 10 Drops
- To prepare this cocoa butter lotion, melt the cocoa butter and camellia seed oil together in a double boiler over low heat.
- Remove from the heat, add the tablespoon of aloe vera and the silk protein (optional), and beat for two minutes with an electric mixer.
- Freeze the bowl for a total of 13 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the freezer and begin whipping with an electric mixer; it will turn white and fluffy almost immediately; continue whipping for 5 minutes.
- Whip for another 1 to 2 minutes after adding the essential oils.
- Fill a glass jar halfway with cocoa body butter.
- Approximately 8 ounces
- Use within two months
2. Cocoa Butter, Coconut Oil, And Olive Oil Body Lotion
Keep reading to whip up your own homemade DIY body butter recipe using coconut, cocoa butter, and olive oil moisturizer.
- Virgin Coconut Oil - 1/4 Cup
- Cocoa Butter - 3/4 Cup
- Virgin Olive Oil - 2 Tablespoons
- Essential Oil (Rose, Lavender, Or Eucalyptus) Optional
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine all of the ingredients and heat for a few seconds, or until the cocoa butter and coconut oil are completely melted.
- Fill a small circular bowl with the ingredients and cover tightly.
- As the mixture cools, vigorously shake it a few times.
- When the mixture reaches room temperature, it should have the consistency of melted coconut oil.
- With your finger, scoop out a dollop and apply it to your face and/or body.
- Place the combination in the ambient temperature combination for 20 minutes or in the refrigerator for an hour to firm up, but not solidify.
- Using a hand mixer set to medium-high, blend the body butter for 5-10 minutes.
3. Cocoa Butter Anti-Aging Face Cream
This cocoa butter recipe will aid in removing wrinkles and marks to provide an anti-aging-looking face. Let’s see how to make it.
- Cocoa Butter - ¼ Cup
- Shea Butter - ¼ Cup
- Safflower Oil - ¼ Cup
- Frankincense Oil - 15 Drops
- Geranium Oil - 15 Drops
- Rose Essential Oil - 10 Drops
- 1/4 cup cocoa butter and 1/4 cup shea butter, melted
- Remove from the heat source or microwave and combine. a quarter cup of safflower oil
- 20 drops frankincense essential oil, 15 drops geranium essential oil, and 10 drops rose essential oil
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, or until the consistency is semi-solid.
- Whip it up until it's light and fluffy.
- Keep it in a jar and use it on your face every night before going to bed.
4. Cocoa Butter Face Moisturizer
This recipe is gentle on the face and easily absorbable, the use of this moisturizer on the face once a day will provide glow and protection.
- Virgin Coconut Oil - ½ cup
- Cocoa Butter - 1 Tablespoon
- Sweet Almond Oil - 2 Tablespoon
- Lavender Essential Oil - 5 Drops
- 12 cup coconut oil, 1 tablespoon cocoa butter, 2 teaspoons almond oil, and 5 drops lavender essential oil, combined in a basin.
- Whip the mixture for 5-7 minutes, or until smooth and creamy.
- Keep it in a jar and use it every time you wash your face (in the refrigerator during the summer).
Roasted cacao beans are used to make cocoa butter. It includes antioxidants and natural saturated fats that soothe and repair the skin. Cocoa butter is used to make face and body lotions, body butter, lip balms, and more. It can be used alone or in combination with other components. So go to vedaoils.us for the greatest grade cocoa butter and make some fun and effective items at home.
Since cocoa butter has so many uses, readers have a lot of questions, so we've answered some of the most common ones. Take a look at them.
Q: Can cocoa butter be used as lotion?
A: Cocoa butter lotion can replenish skin hydration while also functioning as a moisture barrier. When compared to other oils and lotions, cocoa butter absorbs well without leaving skin oily. Cocoa butter, on either hand, helps to keep the skin smooth and toned.
Q: What is the best oil to mix with cocoa butter?
A: Almost any essential or carrier oil can be used in the cocoa butter mixture, but the oils on this list provided the best results.
- Vanilla Essential Oil.
- Coffee Essential Oil.
- Peppermint Essential Oil.
- Sweet Orange Essential Oil.
- Rose Essential Oil.
Q: How long does it take for cocoa butter to lighten skin?
A: Expect nothing to happen right now. It needs about 2 weeks for the outcomes to appear if you use the cocoa butter on a daily basis.
Q: Can I use cocoa butter lotion on my face?
A: Cocoa butter is naturally high in antioxidants, which help fight free radical damage, which causes aging and dullness. Cocoa butter can also be used as a facial moisturizer to maintain your skin soft, supple, and youthful-looking.
Q: Does cocoa butter make your skin glow?
A: Cocoa butter restores your skin's natural radiance. Cocoa butter deeply hydrates the skin, making it look healthy, thanks to its high fatty acid content. Cocoa butter has been a staple ingredient in different moisturizing body lotions and lip balms due to its hydrating properties.
You May Also Like