What is Bentonite Clay?
Bentonite clay is a naturally absorbent clay that has been used for centuries in medicine and skin care. It develops as volcanic ash ages over time. Fort Benton, Wyoming, which is a major supplier of this clay, is where it derives its name. It can also be found in a wide variety of other locations worldwide.
Is Bentonite Clay Good For Your Skin?
Bentonite clay is beneficial for your skin. In spa pelotherapy (mud therapy), healing clays like bentonite clay are used to treat skin conditions, absorb toxins, improve blood circulation, and control body temperature. By attracting dirt, extra oil, and other impurities from the skin, bentonite clay gently exfoliates the face.
By removing the free radicals that develop in the skin as a result of exposure to damaging UV rays, the minerals in bentonite clay prevent premature aging. In this article we will get to know about bentonite clay benefits for skin.
How Does Bentonite Clay Work?
This soft, fine powder contains a lot of minerals and is created from volcanic ash. Chemically it is adsorbent aluminum phyllosilicate clay. It has a negative charge, which makes it naturally highly adsorbent. It aids in the detoxification process since it has a strong affinity for binding to things like pollutants and dirt.
As a result, it was frequently taken orally to treat illnesses like poisoning, diarrhea, and digestive issues.Bentonite clay has long been applied topically to treat dermatitis, acne, and skin infections. This clay mask boosts skin health since it contains minerals like potassium, calcium, magnesium, and silicate.
7 Prime Bentonite Clay Benefits for Skin & How to Use It
Bentonite clay mask is supposed to lighten acne scars, marks, and other skin discolorations when worn frequently.Here is how you can utilize bentonite clay and all the advantages it has for your skin. Let's look at bentonite clay benefits for skin
Bentonite Clay for Acne
People with oily skin can benefit from the excellent adsorption properties of bentonite clay. It removes any excess oil from your skin and prevents dirt, bacteria, and germs from adhering to the surface of your skin. Acne breakouts are less likely as a result. Bentonite clay can provide you with a peaceful and soothing relief, even if you have acne problems.How to Use:
- In a bowl combine some bentonite clay powder with water.
- Use the mixture to create a thick face mask and apply it on your face.
- After the mask has dried for 20 minutes, remove it with lukewarm water.
- The mask can be used twice or three times per week.
Bentonite Clay for Poison Ivy Rash
Many people can get allergic reactions as a result of poison ivy. Usually, poison ivy plants' urushiol oil is to blame for it. Urushiol oil can lead to allergic reactions such as skin rashes when it comes into contact with skin. These could be uncomfortable and seem red. You could also experience intense itching. To overcome poison ivy rash, it is one of the best bentonite clay benefits for skin.How to Use:
- As soon as you come into contact with poison ivy, wash your skin with soap or another mild cleanser.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of bentonite clay with water to create a paste.
- Apply it to the skin's afflicted area.
- Cover the area with a fresh bandage.
- Continue doing it till the skin rashes are gone.
Bentonite Clay for Removing Toxins
The effects of pollutants on your body are lessened by bentonite clay. It is renowned for having the capacity to draw out different pollutants, oils, and even pathogens from the skin. Additionally, you can apply bentonite clay for skin detoxes on your feet and armpits. You can see bentonite clay benefits for skin by apply it to your skin.How to Use:
- Combine 2 teaspoons of bentonite clay with apple cider vinegar and create a mask out of it.
- Place the mask over your foot or underarm area and leave it on for at least 10 to 15 minutes.
- Use warm water to rinse it off.
Bentonite Clay for Diaper Rash
Bentonite clay has been found to be a successful treatment for diaper rashes, according to a study . When bentonite clay was administered to the 93 percent of the babies who had diaper dermatitis, their condition improved within six hours. 90% of the babies had recovered in 3 days.How to Use:
- Combine water and bentonite clay powder.
- You can also combine bentonite clay with coconut oil or shea butter.
- Use it to treat your infant's rashes.
- Retain the leftover paste in a pristine glass or plastic container. Avoid using metal lids or containers since the clay tends to absorb the qualities of the metal.
- Consult your doctor before giving your child any treatment.
Bentonite Clay for Sunburn
Bentonite clay also protects against the sun. It shields your skin from damaging UVA and UVB rays. According to a study, it can effectively shield your skin from sunlight. Preventing from sunburn is one of the finest bentonite clay benefits for skin.How to Use:
- In a bowl, mix rose water and bentonite clay.
- Apply it to your face and other sun-exposed areas after thoroughly blending the ingredients.
- Allow it to dry for atleast 15 minutes.
- Use clean water to rinse it off.
Bentonite Clay for Blackheads
Your face's dead skin cells are removed, and your skin pores are thoroughly cleaned. Your skin pores won't clog thanks to bentonite. This prevents blackheads naturally. Additionally, it eliminates existing blackheads. If you are talking about bentonite clay benefits for skin then you will definitely consider blackheads removal on the top of its benefits.How to Use:
- For your bentonite clay mask use jojoba oil as your carrier oil.
- Combine jojoba oil and bentonite clay powder.
- Apply the mixture to your face, paying specific attention to the nose and other regions that are prone to blackheads.
- After allowing it to dry for a time, wash it with water.
Bentonite Clay for Dry Skin
This is excellent for regenerating skin cells and mending damaged skin tissues. It stops wrinkles and other early indicators of aging by keeping your skin moisturized and hydrated. Additionally, it keeps your skin tight.How to Use:
- Combine bentonite clay with matcha powder.
- Add a preferred essential oil, such as lavender, tea tree oil, or another.
- Apply the paste to your face after thoroughly blending the mixture.
- After it has dried, clean it up.
How to Use Bentonite Clay
Bentonite clay masks can be created at home using bentonite clay powder.You can apply clay paste on your face by combining the powder with the other items mentioned in the recipe. A tiny electrical charge carried by the paste will draw toxins from deep into your skin. As the clay dries, often taking around 10 minutes, leave it on your face. A moist washcloth can be used to gently remove the clay. You have known about bentonite clay benefits for skin, now let's look at how to use it. Below are few recipes you can try:
Bentonite Clay Face Mask For Radiant Skin
- Bentonite clay- 1 tablespoon
- Preferred essential oil of your choice- 2-3 drops
- Distilled water- 5 ml
- Make a thick paste by combining all the ingredients.
- After washing your face, apply this mixture.
- Give it 10 to 15 minutes to dry.
- Use warm water to wash it off.
- After patting your face dry, moisturize it.
Bentonite Clay Face Mask To Remove Blackheads
- Bentonite clay- 1 tablespoon
- Jojoba oil- as required
- Create a thick paste by combining bentonite clay and enough jojoba oil.
- Use this combination to apply on the area around your nose.
- Give it 10 to 15 minutes to dry.
- To get rid of all the dirt in the clogged pores, rinse with warm water.
Bentonite Clay To Detox Armpits
- Bentonite clay- 2 tablespoon
- Apple cider vinegar- 2 tablespoon
- Create a thick paste by combining bentonite clay and apple cider vinegar.
- Apply this mask on your armpits.
- Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove it with warm water.
Bentonite Clay Face Mask For Managing Acne
- Bentonite clay- 1 tablespoon
- Tea tree oil- 2-3 drops
- Distilled water- 5ml
- To create a paste, combine the water, tea tree oil, and bentonite clay.
- Apply this mask on your face, paying particular attention to your acne and T-zone.
- Let it sit for 20 minutes.
- To remove the mask, wipe your face with a moist cloth. Use warm water to rinse off the remaining mask.
For many years, bentonite clay has been a popular treatment for a variety of skin problems. According to studies, it has antibacterial and detoxifying characteristics that suck out debris and extra sebum, which in turn lessen acne and slow aging. Additionally, the moisturizing qualities of bentonite clay help to hydrate your skin and heal conditions including eczema, psoriasis, and ulcers.
Use bentonite clay with caution as excessive exposure to the lead in the clay might cause lead poisoning. You can check bentonite clay benefits for skin above. If you have swelling, redness, or rashes, see your doctor right away. Bentonite clay can be used as a face mask as part of your daily skincare regimen to give you smooth, radiant skin.
Q: What kind of skin can bentonite clay benefit?
A. For skin types ranging from normal to oily, you can use bentonite clay. But if you combine it with a moisturizing oil, you may use it on dry skin as well.
Q: How much time does it take bentonite clay to work?
A. To get the desired outcomes, it can take two to three months of constant use.
Q: Can I take a bath with bentonite clay?
A. Yes, you may prepare a bath by adding 3 to 4 cups of bentonite clay to warm water. For a good detox, combine them together and soak in the bath for at least 20 minutes.
Q: Should I apply bentonite clay to my underarms?
A. You can apply bentonite clay on your underarms. However, given that the armpits' sensitive skin, there is a risk of irritation. If you feel any discomfort, wipe it off.
You May Also Like