Shikakai is known by several names, in Tamil, it is called Shika, in Telugu, it is known as seekaaya and in English, it's soap pod. This is an ancient herb with the scientific name acacia concinna. Shikakai is a type of shrub with oval-shaped pods of shady brown color, pink flowers, and bipinnate leaves. Shikakai is found in tropical forests. Shikakai restrains several ingredients which are rich in vitamins and eventually lead to hair growth naturally.
Shikakai powder for hair is very beneficial in numerous ways. We have been using it since ancient times. Shikakai powder aids in holding the hair roots and also resists hair breakage, split ends, and hair fall. It plays an important role in retrieving the shine and length of hair. Remember how our grandmother used to have a brown paste to wash her hair, that paste is shikakai powder. Shikakai for hair belongs to Asia. India was the biggest production hub for shikakai and it has been used in many parts of our country since ancient times. It has various excellent benefits when it comes to hair care.
Benefits of Shikakai Powder for Hair
Shikakai powder has been proven to do wonders to our hair. It has many properties that can make hair nourished and healthy. We have mentioned some of the properties here.
- Hair becomes soft and shiny by using shikakai powder: Shikakai consists of many saponins, vitamins, and antioxidants that help our hair to become shiny. Apart from this, it acts as a natural cleanser in the form of foam and therefore it cleans your scalp and hair softly and at the same time also improves the texture of your hair.
- Helps in Healing your scalp and also wards off the affliction of a dry scalp: Shikakai acts as a cooling agent and as a result of this it helps in soothing your scalp. If the scalp is dry and unhealthy then it affects the hair growth. Shikakai helps in cleaning your scalp very gently and persuades sebum discharge which helps reverse the dehydration of your scalp.
- The encounter that persistent dandruff with shikakai powder for hair: Dandruff is an old and painful concern for hairs for which shikakai is very beneficial as it has antifungal effects that help get free from dandruff, for giving your hair an amount of shikakai, trust on the Veda oils shikakai for hair that’ll support your hairs and aid in growth.
Shikakai is particularly beneficial in controlling long-lasting dandruff which is due to applying excessive oil on the scalp. by applying Shikakai you can remove extra oil from the scalp and control dandruff when used habitually.
- Shikakai enhances hair growth: Are you worried about excessive hair loss? If you are fed up with buying exclusive hair oil that promises to decrease hair loss then use Shikakai, it is an all-organic hair cleansing powder easily available online and on the local market that boosts hair growth. It has an antioxidant property that helps in fighting free radicals that damage the scalp and hair.
Shikakai powder for hair is used as a calm cleansing act that helps untangle your hair gently eventually it reduces hair breakage and resulting hair fall. Shikakai is rich in vitamins like C, A, E, and K and many other nutrients that nurture your scalp and increase hair growth.
- Shikakai helps in getting rid of split ends: this modern era is of making your hairs attractive by going through many treatments regularly like straightening and curling which is the major reason for split ends in your hair which damage the ends of the hair and also leads to stop hair growth if increased eventually. Shikakai counterbalances the adversity of free radicals and therefore helps in making the scalp moisturized.
- Prevents hairs from premature graying: Due to the presence of antioxidants, works very well in the prevention of hair graying. Shikakai is a brilliant organic shampoo as well as conditioner and hair mask elements. Shikakai enhances the moisture-absorbent adequacy of your hair follicles, which ensures that it delays the graying as well as prevents your hair from discoloration.
- Works on hair lice: Shikakai has antimycotic and anti-bacterial possessions which help in eliminating the hair lice from the hair. Shikakai powder is used for hairs because it has the potential to suffocate lice and prevent them from coming back. Wash your hair regularly with shikakai to prevent lice from lice.
- Untangles the hairs softly: Twisted hair is the utmost irritating part while combing hairs. Dragging hair strands while combing will increase hair fall. Shikakai for hair helps in uprooting your organic oil and nurtures the scalp from the core and with its help hair oil creates the untangling of the hairs.
Usage of Shikakai Powder
- There are Different uses of shikakai powder according to your requirements. Shikakai powder is used in different ways for hair wash like buying a natural shampoo that has ingredients of shikakai in it or you can also make shampoo at home by using shikakai with amla and reetha.
- You can use shikakai powder with amla reetha for making its oil. Mix it in coconut oil which helps in removing dandruff as well. Use one tablespoon of shikakai powder and a half cup of essential oil, basically coconut oil. Then keep it in a container for a few weeks. intermittently keep it shaking and then use it on hair 2-3 times a week.
- Shikakai hair packs are also very common these days. For dry hair, You can blend shikakai with yogurt and massage it on your hair. Then wash them after 20-25 mins. Use them on alternative days and see results.
- Shikakai is also used for washing oily hair. Oily hairs require proper cleansing so that the first and grime can be removed easily. For this, you can mix two tablespoons of shikakai powder with 1 tablespoon of green gram powder and also add half a tablespoon of methi powder to it. Then mix all this mixture in an egg and use it as shampoo.
- Shikakai powder plays a vital role in scalp ailments for which it is mixed with neem leaves, amla powder, and methi leaves. Boil that mixture for a minimum of 20 mins. After it gets cool, mash it and remove water from it. Use that water for a massage on the scalp. Then wash your hair after 30 minutes.
- Shikakai powder prevents graying of hairs when it is used with the sour cup. Mix half cup of the sour cup and shikakai powder then apply it on your scalp and hair, wait for 20 mins then wash it with cold water.
- Shikakai powder makes hair glossy, for which you have to mix it with reetha and amla. Mix 10 grams of dried amla, 20 grams of reetha, and 20 grams of shikakai then add 1.5 liters of water to it. Leave it for 10 hrs and then boil that mixture for 5 mins. After that leave it for cooling then crush all of them with your hands, strain them and apply them to the hair. It is really a boon for women with curly hair.
- Shikakai is very useful in growing hair naturally. Make shikakai oil by mixing a few tablespoons of shikakai powder with coconut oil. Store it in a bottle and leave it in a dark place for a minimum of 2 weeks then use this oil on your scalp 2 times a week.
Shikakai powder for hair has magical effects. It has qualities to make hair healthy and work wonders on damaged hair. You can buy shikakai powder from VedaOils. They offer good quality at a reasonable price. Please visit their website for easy purchase of herbal and natural shikakai for hair. Shikakai powder also has some amazing qualities for skin and health care.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Is it healthy for hair to use shikakai powder daily for hair?
A. It is completely fine to use shikakai for washing hair daily. even it is far better to use shikakai in place of shampoos that are available on the market. Shikakai cleanses the hair because the presence of shikakai has natural saponin properties so it cleans hair very gently .shikakai is also recommended for use because shampoos have chemicals that can harm hairs if used daily.
Q. Can Shikakai be good to use on skin?
A. Yes, it is very beneficial to use shikakai powder on the skin but very few are aware of the facts. It has actual antiseptic properties. The skin if washed with Shikakai can shield you from many germs.
Q. Can shikakai regrow damaged hair?
A. Yes, it is an effective way to regrow hair with shikakai, amla, and reetha. These are the powerful constituents of Ayurveda that offer vital nutrients to hair and scalp which ultimately make hair healthy and eventually lead to hair growth.
Q. Which main part of shikakai is used for making powder?
A. The leaves and pods of shikakai are used to cure wounds, treat cuts, and treat diseases by working as astringents. Shikakai leaves work as a purgative, liver stimulant, and also increase the taste. Shikakai powder relieves abdominal pain and treats constipation and indigestion.
You May Also Like